Since I finished my NaNoWriMo goal a month ago (whew, that flew by) I have done no writing at all. Zilch. The only exception being two book reviews which accounts to not much at all. Here’s what I’ve done in place of writing for the last month:
- Relax. As soon as NaNo was done I was ready for a break.
- Holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas have now come and gone and taken one of the busiest times of the year with them.
- New job. I started as a Children’s Librarian the day before Thanksgiving and it has been a whirlwind of training and adjusting since. I’m finally getting past the initial new-job fatigue.
- K-dramas. My ugly addiction to watching Korean dramas reared its ugly head again and I’ve devoted far too many hours to watching Emergency Couple, Sly and Single Again, and Fated to Love You. They were also so good! Darn them!
- Knitting. I knit a few Christmas gifts plus finally began projects out of my most recently finished handspun yarns.
- Reading. I can’t claim to have done a lot of this, but I am nearly finished with Hugh Howey’s Wool and it is fantastic.
What’s coming up:
- School. I start my MFA in Creative Writing program at Lindenwood on January 12. My first class is on writing Sci-fi and Fantasy. I am super nervous and super excited.
- Birthday. On January 11 I’ll be a quarter of a century old and I am not ready.
- Maybe Some Damn Writing. I have an idea for a romance type novel that I would really like to work on. It is contemporary so it will be a nice change from writing about the Iron Age. I’d also like to go back and revisit some of my short stories I wrote and see what needs revision and if there’s any I should submit for publication.